sign up for our newsletter here:
- How to prepare for your visit with a Lactation Consultant
You have just had a baby. You've always known you would breastfeed, but things are not going well. ...
- The Rules of Breastfeeding: Some Are Worth Breaking
Many of my clients run into difficulty when they follow a rule-based approach to breastfeeding. Unf...
- Partner’s Support is Important to a Breastfeeding Mom’s Success
- How Dad, Partner and Family Can Support Breastfeeding Mom
- Breastfeeding and Biting
- Giving your baby your special mommy magic!
- Breastfeeding during the holidays: the impact of stress and how to handle it
- common breastfeeding myths
- breastfeeding and alcohol consumption
- cabbage for breast engorgement?
- pacifiers and newborns
- choosing a lactation consultant
- when to wake a sleeping baby for feeding
- your baby has instincts
- let your baby lead the way
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and the Support of Lactation
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is highly effective for treating lactation problems without nega...
- When Worry About Low Milk Supply and Misinformation Contribute to Oversupply
A new mother called me last week worried about her baby. He was struggling with latching and seemed...
- Fenugreek: Increased Breast Milk Production Comes With Side Effects
- twins and milk supply
- foods that may affect milk supply
- milk supply misconceptions
- when should I call a lactation consultant
- how do I increase my milk supply
- breastfeeding and milk supply
- milkmakers directory of lactation consultants
Are you a Lactation Consultant? Do you want to recommend a Lactation Consultant that you know? Si...
- la leche league
La Leche League is an organization dedicated to providing education, information, support, and enco...
- ilca directory of lactation consultants
- renee beebe, lactation consultant
- julie a. church, registered dietitian
- simple wishes
Simple Wishes Bustier allows multi-tasking moms the chance to be more productive while they pump, o...
- Brilliant Breastfeeding
Brilliant Breastfeeding provides innovative products that offer a modern take on traditional nursin...
- Is it Safe to Take Medications While Breastfeeding?
The vast majority of medications, whether over the counter (OTC) or prescription, are considered sa...
- Link between formula feeding and childhood obesity
You probably already know that childhood obesity has become a serious problem in the United States....
- breastfeeding and bone health
- IUD’s and breast milk supply
- breastfeeding good for business?
- should you swaddle your baby?
- foods that may affect milk supply
- functional nutrition for both mom and baby
- my doctor says my baby has reflux
- breast pumps, insurance coverage and deductible medical expenses
Breastfeeding does not require any special equipment. All you really need is a baby, and your breas...
- using stored breast milk
The milk that we buy at the grocery store has been pasteurized and homogenized. The pasteurizati...
- Pumping at Work: My 15 Month Journey
My breastfeeding journey started out as indifferent. People asked me if I was planning on breastfee...
- Working and Breastfeeding: New Research
It is commonly understood that breastfeeding mothers returning to work face multiple challenges. Ba...
- is my baby tongue tied?
My lactation consultant told me my baby is tongue tied and she needs to get her frenulum clipped so...
- a perfect latch
(View the instructional video of a perfect latch discussed in this article ) The mother in the ...
- Interview with Anni Daulter, author of Sacred Pregnancy
Anni Daulter, MSW, is a Conscious Family Living lifestyle expert, professional cook, advocate for s...
- Interview with Gena Kirby, host of Progressive Parenting
milkmakers recently interviewed Gena Kirby—Doula, Childbirth Educator, LLLI breastfeeding peer co...
Milkmakers 2012 newsletters reveal the challenges and rewards of breastfeeding. Select a month be...
Milkmakers 2011 newsletters reveal the challenges and rewards of breastfeeding. Select a month be...