Chocolate Chip Candy Cane Cookies
Brightly lit houses and a chill in the air make me crave peppermint. These chocolatey, peppermint cookies are the perfect holiday treat.
- 1 package of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Milkmakers IT’S A MIX!
- 2 Tbsp. of water (total of 4 Tbsp. water)
- 1/4 Cup of cocoa powder
- 5 candy canes, crushed
- Parchment paper
- Follow the directions on the back of the Milkmakers IT’S A MIX bag:
- double the water on package instructions (4 Tbsp. total)
- add cocoa powder to butter & egg mixture before adding dry mix; mix until incorporated.
- Crush the candy canes in a food processor, (or if you’re feeling adventurous enlist the kids by placing candy canes in a plastic bag and having them crush the pieces with a rolling pin.)
- Fold the crushed candy canes into the cookie mixture and bake according to package instructions.
- Line pan with parchment paper to avoid candy cane pieces sticking to the bottom of your pan.