100 Reasons we are thankful for Breastfeeding…part six
Milkmakers recently asked our community of facebook moms why they were thankful for breastfeeding…the response was overwhelming! We received over 100 responses. This is the final ten, plus a few more thrown in for good measure. Enjoy!
- “Breastfeeding helped me bond with my first when I was struggling emotionally because my mom was dying with cancer. Breastfeeding got me through some really hard times.” – Carly G.
- “I’m thankful for breastfeeding because it forces and allows me to stop and stare at my baby in the midst of my chaotic lifestyle. Harder to do if baby is in the back seat with breakfast on the go in a bottle!” – Theresa G.
- “I’m thankful for breastfeeding because it enabled me to provide the healthiest start for my daughter!” – Ginger F.
- “I’m thankful for breastfeeding because it is simple and meant-to-be.” – Laurette L.
- “I am thankful for breastfeeding because we have created a heart string together, just her and I.” – Noel W.
- “I am thankful for breastfeeding because it has created an amazing bond between my daughter and I, and allows us to connect, especially now that I’ve gone back to work. It’s something that is just hers and mine. It also feels amazing to know that I have been her only source of nourishment since the moment she was conceived!” – Maribel C.
- “It’s the perfect food at the perfect temperature for the perfect baby.” – Teresa H.
- “My clients are so in love with your cookies :-). What a great way to get a lot of what they need to help and encourage milk production!! Thanks so much for your GREAT product!” – Denise A.
- “I’m thankful for the antibodies my son gets from me while nursing. It helps him ward off any sicknesses he comes in contact with!” – Abigail C.
- “I’m thankful for breastfeeding, God’s perfect design, because it is a bonding time that we share, it’s readily accessible, and it’s exactly what she needs. All 3 of my daughters have nursed, the youngest currently still nursing at 8 mos. – I could use those yummy cookies 😉 Thanks milkmakers.” – Lisa E.
- “I was breastfed – and I’m thankful for that. As soon as I went on to eat other foods, it turned out that I was allergic to just about everything. I’m not sure how things would have turned out if I hadn’t been breastfed, but I can guess that I would have been a very sick baby.” – Mandy L.
- “I am so thankful that I can breastfeed because many women can’t. It’s not always easy but it’s the best for my baby girl. I am able to stay home, bond, give my baby the nutrition she is meant to have in the most natural way possible, provide her with antibodies and help her grow big and strong! It always amazes me when I look at her and realize that I grew her! Me and only me :)” – Rachelle B.
- “I am thankful that I can breastfeed because it has saved me $1000’s and fed my daughter beautifully” – Kelly E.
- “I’m grateful I’m still able to breast feed my son. He’s had a round of RSV and croup this past month, so I’m grateful my body can provide him with the necessary antibodies to help him get better.” – Nicholle S.
- “I’m thankful for Breastfeeding because it makes strong healthy babies! Breast milk helped my son through 3 rounds of pneumonia and so did milk makers cookies!” – Kristen C.