100 Reasons we are thankful for Breastfeeding…part one
Milkmakers recently asked our community of facebook moms why they were thankful for breastfeeding…the response was overwhelming! We received over 100 responses, and we’d like to share those with you, so stay tuned to our blog over the next couple of weeks for all 100 reasons. Here’s the first ten:
- “I live on the South Shore of LI where we’re recovering from Sandy. I’m thankful that through a week without power, I was able to nurse my 2 week old and not have to worry about washing and prepping bottles or using water to mix formula. I’m also thankful that breastfeeding enables me to donate all the free formula samples I’ve received (several full size cans of powder) to moms who are in dire need of them right now.” – Kiera M
- “Baby snuggles and weight loss.” – Kate R
- “I’m thankful for breastfeeding because of the bonding it provides and because it’s FREE :” – Feather B.
- “7 months and still going strong breastfeeding my baby boy Harper and loving every minute with him.” – Miranda R.
- “I’m thankful for the bonding experience I have with my daughter. As an active duty military mommy, I’m heading back to deployable status in January. We’ve been breastfeeding and bonding for 12 months now and hope to continue our snuggle time until January :)” – Caitlin B.
- “The ability to provide my son life sustaining nourishment is such a blessing from God and the bond we share through this is hard to describe until you actually experience it.” – Amy F.
- “When we lost power for the better part of a week last year during Hurricane Irene, it sure was nice to not have to worry about how I was going to feed my 3 month old!” – Allyson C.
- “I’m thankful for the (mostly) easy bedtimes and the snuggles.” – Amanda S.
- “I’m thankful for the bonding I am able to have with my son! I work overnights, so I am unable to be there when he wakes up at night, but I can’t wait to get home so I can nurse him in the morning.” – Brianna D.
- “It’s a wonderful bonding experience and the perfect food for my baby and it is free.” – April P.